Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Comfort Others

Yesterday we looked at a verse from I Corinthians which showed God comforts us in every trouble.



Who comforts us in every trouble, so that we may also be able to comfort those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
I Cor. 1:4



Today I want to look at the second part of that verse which states, “so that we may also be able to comfort those who are in any kind of trouble or distress.” Not only are we to allow God to comfort us, but we are to comfort others. I am sure each of us has had an experience where we were troubled and God sent someone to minister to us. They might have hugged us, prayed with us, cried with us, listened to us, reassured us, encouraged us, loved us, served us, taught us, provided for us, laughed with us, or was just present with us. Comfort has many faces. I have been honored to have people comfort me and I have been privileged to comfort others. It is hard to say which brings the greatest blessing but if I had to choose, I would say it is to be the comforter. Find somebody today that is troubled and beaten down by life and experience the amazing blessing of being the vessel God uses to love and comfort another.

No comments: