Friday, April 9, 2010

Does Anyone Care?

     Do you ever feel like you don’t make a difference? Do you ever feel like people you love don’t value you, the things you do for them, or your own feelings? If you are a mother, I am sure you have felt that way. One Mother’s Day, I was really feeling like I give and give and nobody cares, nobody gives back anything. I asked for three things for Mother’s day. A clean house, a home cooked meal, and for them to clean out my car. I got a quick job house cleaning, plans to go out and eat, and a certificate for a car detailing. Today, I would gladly accept these gifts and be appreciative. However, twelve years ago, I was a mother of a twelve and thirteen year old and a wife of a busy pastor, it did not go over very well. I needed to be valued. I needed to have someone sacrifice for me! I needed them to have a servant’s heart and really clean my house, spend the time to cook a special meal, and give the effort to clean my car. I did not receive these gifts with the same heart I would today!
     I felt unappreciated and I let those feeling mess up my thinking. I wish I could tell you this was the only time I have let my feelings dominate my heart but I can’t unless I lie to you. I want to serve the Lord with every assignment He gives me, no matter how little it may seem, or how many people can see and acknowledge my service, or how long I have to do it! That is really my heart but I have to keep my feelings in check and keep them from ruling my heart.
     A few weeks ago, you watched a video on baggage, today we are going to watch another skit, performed by Nicole Johnson. Click here to watch video: Invisible Woman. What are you willing to build for God?  What is your cathedral?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24

3 comments:

Sara said...

Here's another one I have posted on my board and work.
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!" Matthew 25:11. This reminds me that even though people don't ever say your doing a good job you know when they trust you with more. This is of course work related.

Mrs. T. said...

To me Mother's Day is just like any other day but I wouldn't have it any other way. God has been very good to me by giving me a wonderful hubby and three beautiful children. In turn they gave me three great grandchildren. Mother's Day is a day like any other, to love and be loved.

Steph said...

I feel like this a lot!!!! I remember this story from the marriage retreat. It definitely was helpful then and now. The verse you have is one of the ones that inspires me to keep working and doing the best I can and try and show God's light.