Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Comfort in The Storms

    We sure have experienced some great storms lately!  Though we can have a beautiful day one day, the storms can hit the next!  The sound effects from these storms have been nothing less than amazing.  The dramatic sounds of the thunder and the extreme heaviness of the rain can raise concern in the heart! It makes me feel very blessed  that no matter what storm is going on outside of my house, I am safe within my shelter my house with a roof over my head. Even in the midst of the storm I can cuddle up on the couch in my bed with my blanket and puppies and have a sense of comfort.
     It reminds me of life. We go about our days and all is well. The sun is shining on life! Then out of the blue the sunshine fades and life gets a little cool and before we know it we are in the middle of a storm. We have a choice to make at this time. We can live in midst of the storm in fear and trembling or we can run to the shelter of the Lord. He can protect us from the harsh effects of the elements engulfing us. We can find comfort in Him! We can curl up with our Savior and enjoy a sense of comfort and peace in the midst of the storm.
     Is the sun shining in your life or is a storm brewing? Can you feel the temperature change? Or has the storm already hit? You can panic and let the storm hit you in the face; creating fear and trembling or you can rest in the Lord and His protection. He provides peace amidst the storm! I don’t know about you but that is where I prefer to be!

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. He stills the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven.
Psalm 107:28-30

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sometimes it seems as if the weather goes a long witht he things in my life. When there are problems it seems to rain and storm and on good days the sun is shining! Today is like that for me. The weather matches my life!
:-)