Friday, May 27, 2011

Remember the Rainbow

     If you are like me, you have caught yourself complaining about the rain lately. It seems like it is never going to stop. I was driving home from work the other day and hit rain again. I thought to myself, “I am so sick of driving in the rain, when is it going to stop?” Then I saw a beautiful double rainbow. It changed everything. Now, I was wondering how I was seeing a rainbow during the rain. Then I couldn’t take my eyes off of it. I love rainbows for several reasons. One, I lived in Montana for seven years and saw what I think are the most amazing rainbows I have ever seen. Secondly, when I was a teenage girl, I belonged to a group called Rainbow girls. (Don’t let you mind take you down the world’s version of rainbows! haha) One of the things I did each night was to open my Bible to the 9th chapter of Genesis that talks about the promise of God’s rainbows and lay it beside by bed as a reminder to remember God’s promises.

     When I see a rainbow, I think of the awesomeness of God. We would never have a rainbow without a little rain! No matter what your storm, he can appear in the midst with beauty. The rainbow is a symbol and reminder to us to stand on the promises of God both in and after the storm. He will never let us down. He will show His magnificence in a big way.
     Now when I looked at the rainbow while driving home, I swore I could see it touch the ground. I looked close for the pot of gold glowing in the sunlight but it was not there. However, in reality, there is always a pot of gold with a rainbow, it is Jesus.
     So remember, when the storm hits, you can stand on the promises of God, they will add comfort and hope to you in the midst of your hard times, and you will receive great reward; something of far more worth than gold . . . more Jesus!

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me an dyou and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
Genesis 9:12-15

1 comment:

Mrs. T. said...

sometimes out of misery come beautiful signs that God is still in control and that he will keep his promises to us. Rainbows are a beautiful reminderof this.