Wednesday, August 17, 2011

He is Listenig!

Confession time!  Not that you haven't figured it out though.  I haven't been writing as many devotions lately.  I have had my fair share of Internet issues that has been a hindrance, but in reality the issue has been me.  Several things happened.: a  new job that has been very demanding, Brittne being home, traveling a lot, and many nightly meetings for one thing or another.  Lots of things to pulling my attention.  However, the real issue has been the fact that I wasn't hearing from God.  I struggled to find something to write and then found myself only writing because you are going to read it. I got away from the original goal: to write what God is doing in my life and for me to grow in my discipline with Him. I felt empty.
I did ask God why He was being so silent with me. I knew it wasn't normal because He talks to much through the day to day situations so why had He gone silent?  The answer is He didn't.  I stopped listening.  I was too focused on all the noises of my life and was expecting God to scream at me over the noise.
He does not work that way.  He doesn't move in our relationship; I do.  He will not scream at me over the noise. I need to silence my life and listen to Him.  Are you hearing God?  If not, is there too much noise going on in your life?  He is waiting to talk to you when you are ready to hear.

When you come looking for me, you'll find me.
Jeremiah 29:13 (The Message)

No comments: