Thursday, August 18, 2011

Work it All

     Last week I went to a personal trainer.  I have been wanting to for a long time.  We worked on proper form for three or four exercises.  I left thinking I had not worked out too hard.  I thought it was easy and realized that my challenge would be with proper form, more than the endurance of the exercise.
     I have changed my mind the last couple of day.  I can hardly walk!  I am in shock!  I must have been working muscles that I do not normally use or I have let get lazy.  Often, we tend to focus on the large muscles and not those little ones that can make a huge difference to our physical health.
     We do the same thing spiritually.  We focus on some main things to our walk with Christ and we feel pretty could about our health.  However, the Holy Spirit is like a spiritual trainer.  He is consistently working out some 'little things' in our life.  The hidden things of the heart.  The things others do not see.
      I am so thankful that God does not let me coast through life with feeling good about the 'big things' but keeps me humble with focusing on all the things. Do you need a spiritual workout?  Are you focusing on the external or the big things?  Let the Holy Spirit work you out and show you what internal things or 'little things' that can give you better spiritual health.

Eventually God will bring everything that we do out into the open and judge it according to its hidden intent, whether it's good or evil.
Ecclesiastes 12:14

No comments: