Thursday, February 3, 2011

Are You Stuck?

      The snow blizzard of 2011 is amazing to me. I lived in Montana and have endured 40 below weather and I have seen nothing like this! In Montana, they are prepared for blizzards and they are experts at clearing the roads. The thing that is most amazing to me is the amount of cars stranded along highways, ramps, and streets. It is impossible to get around all the stranded cars and 18 wheelers. The 14 to 20 inches of snow within a 24 hour period with strong winds created a situation of impassable roads and white outs. There were snow plows, ambulances, police, and fire trucks stuck! I had never before seen any of those vehicles stuck in snow.

     The site of all the stuck vehicles struck me as a great picture of the situation people get into spiritually and emotionally in their lives. This week I was blessed to spend some time with a special friend. I had not seen her in many years. As we caught up with life, I found out that she had a blizzard hit her life. It rendered her hopeless and helpless: understandably so! At that time she abandoned life as she knew it. It is as if she stranded her life at the point the blizzard hit. In Tulsa, those that stranded their vehicles will have to go to the city and claim their vehicles after they are towed. She never claimed her life back:not even after six years. God gave her all the tools and truth to claim her life back from Satan, who had towed her life to His lot; but she didn’t. She lived everyday defeated, joyless, and mentally attacked. As sad as the event was in her life, it was sadder what she had allowed it to do to her! She gave up her house, her job, her friends, her day to day life, her church, and her community. It changed her relationship with her husband and family. She let the evil event in her life put her in a prison. The whole time she was behind bars, Jesus was standing there holding out the keys. All she had to do was choice to take the keys and walk out of her cell. She then could reclaim her life and let the event become a part of her past life and not the major part of her present life. I am very hopeful that after our talk she is claiming back her life!
     I have seen this happen to people quite often. There are times when people get stuck in life and they abandon the abundant life. What about you? Are the bad things that have happened to you during your life a part of your past or are they still ruling you present. Let Jesus help you claim back you life!

Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady; keep a firm grip on you. That’s right. Because I, your God, have a firm grip on you and I’m not letting go. I’m telling you. “Don’t panic. I’m right here to help you”
Isaiah 41:10 and 13 (The message)

No comments: