Monday, February 7, 2011

More Questions than Answers

     Many people struggle with not knowing the answers to all of their questions pertaining to God and Christianity. I believe that is why cults are attractive to some. They take our questions and give answers, though the answers are not Biblical. In reality, they don’t care; they have their answers. For example, many struggle with how we go from living our whole life married to someone and then not being married in Heaven. What do we do with those feelings? Some struggle with loved ones not being followers of Jesus Christ and thus not going to Heaven. Mormons, give ridiculous answers to these areas of confusion. We need to come to the point that we don’t have to know all the answers. How big is God if I can understand Him totally? How does faith play a part if we have to have all of my questions answered before we will believe?

     There are a lot of things that I don’t have the answer to every day living and I have given up even searching for them. Just Saturday I came up with a whole list of questions that I will never have answers too! For example:
  • Why is it that as soon as I paint my fingernails and I am waiting on them to dry, I have to go to the restroom really bad?
  • Why are people extra challenging when my PMS is peaking?
  • Why does my husband stay outside for two hours chopping wood with three men but as soon as I put a facial mask on, he brings them in for coffee?
  • Why do I bother to mop the floor when the snow is melting? I should know that the wet muddy snow will be tracked in on the clean floor?
  • Why do I love to watch movies I know will make me cry?
  • Why does the scale refuse to move downward when I am working so hard?
  • Where did I find the lost glasses that I lost two weeks ago and now all of a sudden, I realize I am wearing them? And where is the backup pair that I had been wearing but now can’t find?
     Life is full of unanswered questions! I don’t have all of answers in life and I sure don’t have all of them about God! I am fine with that! I trust His character when I don’t understand the answers. God is the creator of the universe. He knows all and sees all. How could I ever understand Him? He is far greater than my little mind can conceive: that is why is He is who He is and I am who I am!

“I don’t think the way you think. The way you work isn’t the way I work.” God’s decree. “For as the sky soars high above the earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments: