Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Living For Your Pupose

     I started working again on Friday! I am very happy to have a job I love.  I have worked for my CEO before and I feel blessed to work for him agian. The only think I struggle with is seeing 6:00 a.m. from outside the bed. Oh well, it is a small sacrifice! Friday, I had to drive to Oklahoma City for a meeting. I took the turnpike from Tulsa to Oklahoma City. Scripture tells us to have pillars in our life that reminds us of the great things God has done for us. That highway is a pillar in my life; it reminds me that God saved my life.
     When I was 16, I took my mom’s brand new car to Oklahoma City for a state track meet. I took a friend who was 18 and Dwayne’s brother drove back with us. We had been out in the heat all day and were driving back around 11:00 p.m. I got tired so I let my friend drive and I fell asleep in the passenger seat. I did miraculously wake up and tell my friend to stay in front of the school bus in case something happened. Something did happen. Five miles to the end of the turnpike, she fell asleep. We veered off the road. We missed a cement embankment and took out a guard rail which kept us from going off a 100 foot drop off. We totaled the car! We were all safe, though a little bruised up.
     I believed God spared us that day! Not because we are more special than others who do not make it, but because it was part of His plan. He had a purpose for the three of us and it had not been fulfilled yet. Each time I pass that spot, it reminds me of His protection and I ask myself the question, “am I living up to His purpose for my life?”
     I ask you the same question. Are you living out the purpose God has planned for your life?

It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
Ephesians 1: 11-12

No comments: