Monday, December 6, 2010

A Baby Changes Everything!

     Before Dwayne and I had children life was carefree. We had to manage jobs, finances and each other but for the most part all went fairly smooth. We could be hanging out at home and say, let’s go to the movies and we could be up and out the door in two minutes. We could stay out late at a friend’s house or go on a weekend trip on the spur of the moment. Then we got what we wanted and prayed for, a baby. I am here to tell you that a baby changes everything: our schedule, our sleep, our eating, our budget, and our friendships. Spur of the moment events quickly become an event of the past. It takes at least an hour to pack the diaper bag, the stroller, the high chair, the car seat, the carrier, and clothes for everyone because you never know when you are going to be vomited on. Most importantly, a baby changed our definition of love and family. We never knew the real meaning of love until we were responsible for a precious, helpless, life. In a totally new way, we truly realized God's awesomeness and what a blessing it is to be entrusted with a life that He created. Both of my babies changed everything about me. Their impact on my life is indescribable. (Dwayne:  Children help you become who God has planned.)
     There is another Baby that changed everything about my life. He was royalty in a Heavenly Kingdom. He walked away from all of His splendor and was born in a manger. He walked this earth, teaching and healing. He lived a perfect life and died for me to redeem me from my sins and to give me the gift of eternal life with Him in His Heavenly kingdom. Without Him, I would live in a dark world, void of peace, true love, and hope. I would be a slave to sin and would serve a deceptive, lying, evil ruler of darkness. I would spend eternity separated from God and in the domain of Satan in a fiery place of torment.
    Praise God, because of this amazing baby, everything changed. I accepted His gift of eternal life with Him and I have peace, love, and hope. He empowers me to endure the trials of this life and He gives me joy in all circumstances. I am who I am because of Who He is!
    Has this baby changed you? Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to remember how different our world and our lives would be without this amazing baby! Watch this video,( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMj084Ggwww ), listen to the words and remember the impact this baby, this Savior, has had on you. Remember the impact He has had on EVERYTHING!!

The angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:10-11

4 comments:

Candy Lyman said...

After having two grandchildren and one more on the way, I can only say that the love I feel for them is even more intense than with my own children. I never would have thought that. But it has taught me even more about my Heavenly Father. What I feel for my kids and grand-kids can only be a small measure of what the Father feels for us.... WOW. Now turn that back to what Jesus did for us ......How can we not be humbled by that. Without Jesus birth, I could never experience what I do today....His love and hope for this world.....just for the taking.....its his gift, how can you not accept it.

Sherry said...

I love the scripture you shared. This weekend I was talking with the kids about the real meaning of Christmas.....Grace and Rachel remember easily why we celebrate Christmas. But the boys are younger and need to be taught and reminded why we celebrate Christmas. I shared this very scripture for them. We were in Rons truck driving to the "Festival of Trees". After I shared this scripture I looked over and Ron had tears running down his face. He had been reminded also:)

I have always asked my kids whose Birthday is it at Christmas....all the others learned very quickly that it is Jesus'....Logan answers everytime "Lanes". (His big brother will turn 6 on dec 27th) but he as figured out this year that it is also Jesus' Birthday.

Anyway....today I got out our nativity story set...you open a present each night and it has part of the Christmas story with each "gift"...by the time you open all 7 you find out what God wants for Christmas (If you don't have the little set I will let you guess what God wants for Christmas and what is in that last little box).... today was the Angel Gabriel. None of the older kids wanted to come and listen and open the presents...but Logan did. He was so excited to hear about the Angel had told people that "Jesus is born".

Do not be afraid...we have a Savior.

Steph said...

I do not have kids yet but I know that I will love them more than I can imagine. I know that I love Jared and my family but it is so amazing that God's Love is my love for those people times infinity and that I can not grasp the amount of love he has for me. It makes my heart swell with joy!

Steph said...

It is funny reading back over last years comment I made. At that moment I had no idea how my life would change in so many ways. I will now be having a baby in just a little over 3 months and the love I thought I would have for a child then is so much more now. And still I know that God loves her and me more than even that! He is so amazing.