Thursday, December 30, 2010

Silence Is Not Always Golden

     Well, I am back.  Sorry for the break.  It was unintentional.  We had Christmas and I had to help Brittne get ready to leave for Peru again. Then we went to Fort Worth to have Christmas with Bryce and Kristen.  I am home now, exhausted, and ready to get my life back in order. Regrettably, because I have been too busy, I did not force myself to find the time to write the devotion.  I have been silent.  If you are a faithful reader, I am sure you were frustrated.  When would I write again?  What happened to me?  Why the silence?
     The fact that I have not written a devotion in four day, is not earth shattering to you; I am sure!  However, how many times to do we get busy and overwhelmed in life and stop talking to God?  Then when we want to get order to our chaos, we start talking to God as if we had never stopped talking.  If you had a relationship with someone who would stop talking to you when life got difficult and then strolled back into your life as if nothing had happened, how would you feel?  I am sure it would damage your relationship.  '
     God is not a relationship that can be turned on and off at our convenience.  We must stay faithful to the one we say we serve.  Talking to Him is a vital part of our relationship with Him and a vital way to show our faithfulness to Him.  Silence is not golden with God!
     Have you ever had times of silence with God?  Did you repent and ask God to forgive you and commit to not repeating the silence?  If not, then it is never too late!

Hallelujah!  You who serve God, praise God!  Just to speak his name is praise! Just to remember God is a blessing -- now and tomorrow and always.
Psalm 113:1-2

No comments: