Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Are You Hungry for the Lord?

     Part of my new discipline (or punishment! Lol) for my recent weight gain is a very strict diet for thirty days. It is a healthy diet of nothing but fruits, vegetables, fish, turkey, and chicken. Today is my fourth day on this diet and I am remembering what it feels like to be hungry! I have endured my sugar headache which was actually better than it has been in the past. The great thing is how good everything taste. Without all the junk going in my body and numbing my pleasure of taste, every bite is nothing but wonderful. Each meal leaves me wanting more and anticipating the next meal!
     Many times we get in the habit of feasting on the world. We stuff ourselves so much that we get to the point where we don’t savor Jesus. The more we get the junk out of our life, the more we taste the goodness of the Lord. It becomes so pleasurable that we crave more and look forward to more and more time with Him.
    If you are struggling with truly tasting the goodness of the Lord, then I challenge you to consider how much worldly junk food you choose to indulge. The more you eliminate the junk the more you will crave the Lord.    

O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.
Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

Steph said...

it does seem like our lives get so bogged down with worldly things. Before you know it you are wondering why you haven't heard from God or where He is in your life!!!