Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Run to Daddy

     My favorite classic movie is ‘The King and I’. If I ever watch it, I will sing, ‘Shall We Dance’ and ‘Getting to know you’ for days! So it is no surprise to say that I love the movie ‘Anna and the king’. I like the actual story better in the remake but I miss the music, so I am not sure which one is my favorite movie. There is a scene in ‘Anna and King’ that has changed my prayer life. (I never know where or how God is going to show me something! lol) All of the king’s children are in school with Ms. Anna when the king’s son and Ms. Anna’s son start to fight. While the mother and Ms. Anna try and stop it, one of the younger daughters, who is very close to her Daddy takes off running. She runs through the garden, through the outside court, and straight to the throne room. She throws open the throne room doors where her father is conducting business. It is a full room of people bringing issues to the king. His servants and guards are everywhere. As soon as the guards see her they try and stop her; telling her that her father is too busy. She pays no attention to anyone and never slows down. She runs down the aisle straight to her Daddy’s lap. As his assistance tries and gets the little girl, the king motions them away. He stops everything he is doing to hear his child. She whispers in his ear, he sets her on the floor, takes her hand, he follows her out of the room, she leads him to the fight, and he takes care of the situation!

     We need to be that little girl! Our Daddy is the king of this universe. He sits on his throne in all His majesty. Yet, because we have accepted His son Jesus as our Lord and Savior, he gives us access to His throne room. When a crisis hits us in life, we should instantly run to our father. We should enter his throne room, climb up on his lap, pour out our heart, and let our Daddy take care of the issue!

You can tell for sure that you are now fully adopted as his own children because God sent the Spirit of His Son into our lives crying out, “Papa! Father!” Doesn’t that privilege of intimate conversation with God make it plain that you are not a slave, but a child? And if you are a child, you’re also a heir, with complete access to the inheritance.
Galatians 4:6-7

1 comment:

Steph said...

I have never seen either movie but I had the whole story playing out in my head!!! It made me happy that the kind just stopped what he was doing to listen and go with his daughter. One good thing about our heavenly father is tha he loves us no matter what so we should always turn to Him because there is nothing that he doesn't know or a surprise at what we have done.