Wednesday, November 3, 2010

He's Never Failed Me Yet!

     When Dwayne and I were attending First Baptist Church in Broken Arrow, before we went to seminary, we were in the choir. We sung many songs but I actually only remember one. However, it is one song that has been played through my mind more times than any other song. For the last 20 years, when fear and doubt hits my panicked heart, God whispers the words from this song to me. The words are, “He’s never failed me yet”. When I was stressed over money, I would hear, “He’s never failed me yet”. When I was petrified to move my children to the ‘not so safe' area of Fort Worth, I would hear, “He’s never failed me yet”. When I was scared to move 1500 miles to Montana without having a place to live, I would hear, “He’s never failed me yet”. When I was worried about leaving Montana and being as close to a new church, I would hear, “He’s never failed me yet”. When we were called to start a new church with no guarantee of a salary and many of the ones we cared for were upset with us, I would hear, “He’s never failed me yet”. When my daughter called from Peru overwhelmed with losing her apartment and her comfort away from home due to an explosion, the words I told her were, “He’s never failed you yet”. And today, when Dwayne did not win his election yesterday and my heart is full of emotions such as disappointment, I hear Him whisper to my heart, "I have never failed you yet!" 
     I will tell you the same thing. No matter what you are going through, stressed over, petrified of, scared about, worried about, or overwhelmed with, He has never failed you yet and never will!

Below are the additional words to the song, do you believe them? Does your action show it?
I will sing of God’s mercy
Every day, every hour, he gives me power.
I will sing and give thanks to thee,
For all the dangers, toils and snares that he has brought me out.
He is my God and I will serve Him,
No matter what the test.
Trust and never doubt,
Jesus will surely bring you out.
He’s never failed me yet!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Jared is always saying, "He always takes care of us, we will be fine." Sometimes we just need that reminder.

Sherry said...

amen.

Mrs. T said...

He cares for us as no other can.