Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Total Trust

     In the last few days, Dwayne and I keep getting asked two questions in regards to the election, “Are you nervous?” and “Are you going to be able to sleep?” The answers are ‘no we are not nervous’ and ‘yes we will sleep fine’! I can vouch for the fact that we both slept great last night. We are anxious to see what God has in mind but we are not nervous; we are not worried.
     I have learned many things through this process. One of the greatest things I have learned about myself is that I am not as obedient to God publically as I am privately unless I am confident of the outcome. When Dwayne felt God telling him to run, I once again wasn’t too happy to hear it. I couldn’t argue because I could see how God was stirring him but his odds of winning were not very good. This was before the wave of political frustration swept our country and he was running against an incumbent in a non presidential year. Someone gave him a one in ten shot of winning. I wanted to say, “don’t do it if you can’t win!”  To lose is hard enough for me but to do it publically is horrifying to me.
     Well, it is two years later and I have grown from watching the faithfulness of my husband. He has faithfully walked door to door in the rural areas, he has met thousands of people, and he has received the blessing of ministering to many and praying with several hurting people. He never quit being faithful to what God called him to do.
    Tonight we have the last campaign event: our watch party. I must admit, I think this will be a fun time if Dwayne wins.  However, I haven’t conquered my weakness totally because if we lose, I would like to do it at home privately!   Either way, tonight we will celebrate the completion of Dwayne’s God given task. He did not call him to win, He called him to run. Dwayne was faithful and has completed his orders. When the votes are in, we will see if Dwayne has an additional set of orders!
     What about you? Are you so afraid of failing that you are not faithful to what God is telling you to do? We never know how things will turn out but we are either faithful to follow God or we are not. If we say we trust God, then we need to trust him for the directions, the path He takes us on, and the destination He takes us to. Trusting Him for one and not the other isn’t really trusting. Are you going to totally trust Him?

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track.
Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

Mrs. T. said...

One thing I can say about a watch party is you have people there who care for you and would love to see him win also because you know he'd make a difference. As much turmoil right now as the state of government is in, the lord didn't want him a part of it. Always be another time,don't give up. I'm just thankful I know there is someone out there fighting to make a difference for the rest of us, because of what he believes in. Just remember next time folks that anyone can complain about government but if you don't vote, shut up.