Monday, November 1, 2010

November Is Here!

    November is here! I love November but this November will be life changing for me. First, I find out tomorrow if I am going to not only be the wife of a pastor, but be a wife of a state representative. Either way, I get my husband back on the weekends and I am very excited for that. I turn fifty in three weeks and I also become a grandmother for the first time. I have a special family member coming for Thanksgiving and one of my most special friends is getting married and Dwayne is conducting the wedding. Also, I have Brittne home for the holidays for the first time in two years.
     Now, all but the election will happen in the same week. Though it is all very exciting, it could be very stressful. Will Dwayne win the election? Will my grandbaby be born during my friend’s wedding? Am I really turning 50? Have I really lived 2/3 of my life? How will we work around a birth of a baby with Thanksgiving? How will I have a guest and maybe be running to Texas to see my new granddaughter?
     I am so glad that I live my life letting God figure out how to orchestrate it all together! If I didn’t, I would drive myself crazy. He knows the exact moment my granddaughter will be born. He knows if Dwayne is supposed to be a state representative or not. He knows how many days I have left in my life and maybe I won’t even see 50. He knows what will happen during the wedding that is happening the day before the baby’s due date. Also, he knows how we will juggle it all with the visit of a loved one.
     Saying we trust God, means trusting Him for all of it and not falling into the worry state of mind. We need to constantly rest in Him and let go of our worry. You can not worry and trust at the same time. Which one are you doing?

Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concern. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: