Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful for His Servants

If I had to make a list of every person that has touched my life since the day I was born, it would be massive. I have so many friends and family that have poured love over me. I have had people teach me the lessons of life, some I was grateful to learn and some I wish I did not have to endure. I have had people to pray with me, encourage me, cry with me, struggle with me, forgive me, listen to me, let go of me, accept me, work alongside me, befriend me, help me, mentor me, and purely care for me. How blessed and how thankful I am for all of you. Each of you have a special page in my memory book. I would not be the person I am today without each of you. Today is the funeral of one of my Aunts, she was one of these special people in my life. She was my quirky Aunt, everyone has to have one. She loved gaudy! She gave life to everything. The older I got the more I appreciated her uniqueness. The contagious smile that she wore will forever be etched in my memory, and just thinking about her will make me smile in her memory. I am thankful to have been her niece. This is just one of the thousands of stories I could tell on each person in my life. I bet some of you are glad I am not spilling anything interesting on you!
As we officially begin this Thanksgiving week, let me proclaim my thankfulness for God’s children who serve Him obediently to minister to others. Spend some time today thinking of the massive list of people who have touched your life. How would your life be different without them? Let me encourage you to thank as many people as you possibly can today for what they have contributed to your life. You never know if you will have another chance.

I thank God in all my remembrances of you.
Philippians1:3

1 comment:

Steph said...

In my short 24 years I would have a big list of influencial people in my life. I have often thought, "I wish I would have never met them!" but to look back on thinking that I realize that if I had not met them it is possible that I would be different than I am today, that may be good or bad, who knows....
Thanks Tonya for being a great influence and always challenging me to be myself and to open up!