Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thankful for His Strengthening Grace

In 1991, Dwayne and I packed up our home and our children and headed off for Fort Worth to begin Dwayne's seminary training. We felt led to get through seminary as fast as possible. He was able to graduate in two years and two months. Those years gave us wonderful, life-long friends. A maturity in our Christian walk and great training for the stresses of the ministry. However, they were the most challenging years we have endured. We both worked full time jobs, Dwayne had hours of studying to do each day and we had two young children. Dwayne and I did not have the same days off and I worked during the day and he worked at night. I was the fortunate one because I got 7 hours sleep each night and dwayne felt blessed if he got five. That kind of stress on his body was beginning to take its toll, before we left. I look back at those years with fond memories and a awe of how we made it through.
Yestereday we talked about grace as God's unmerited favor and today I want to talk about the other definition for grace, which is 'the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them'. I know that it was by His grace, His power that we survived those years. I am so thankful there is nothing the Lord calls us to do that he does not give us the grace to accomplish it and there is no valley we go through that he does not give us the grace to endure. Whatever you are going through right now, whether it be a difficulty or a trial, God will provide the grace you need to get through it. That is His promise!
I know that many of you are walking through some challenges and trial and you can rest assure that God is there to give you the strength you need and regenerate you to endure.
My grace is enough; it's all you need.

2 Corinthians 12 :9 (The Message)

No comments: