Friday, March 18, 2011

Can You Trust In the Darkness?

     If you do not have a totally spontaneous personality, you most likely get frustrated in your Christian walk when you can not see clearly the direction God is leading you. Often when things seem to be at their best, we get a curve ball thrown our way and the direction we thought we were to go changes. Sometimes, we can understand the change and see how it is best. Other times, we don’t understand. We often say things like, “but God”, “I am needed in what I am doing, why do I have to do something else”, “You told me to do this and now you want me to do that?”, “What will the new direction be like?”, “I need you to lay this all out for me . . .I need to understand”, “I don’t want to do go this directions”, etc. Trust is following when you can’t see. I use to pick up a blind friend for church. I would walk her to the car and into church. She had to totally trust me to lead here and if remember my klutziness you would understand that it was trust in more than me! Lol If she refused to go where she could not see, she would never go anywhere!
    Yesterday a friend shared these words with me, “Sometimes only the step I'm on, or the very next one ahead, is all that is illuminated for me. God gives just the amount of light I need for the exact moment I need it. At those times I walk in surrender to faith, unable to see the future and not fully comprehending the past. And because it is God who has given me what light I have, I know I must reject the fear and doubt that threaten to overtake me. I must determine to be content where I am, and allow God to get me where I need to go. I walk forward, one step at a time, fully trusting that the light God sheds is absolutely sufficient.”
     Do you trust Christ to lead you? Do you trust Him to be the light unto your feet? He will give you what He needs you to have. Sometimes his light will shine like the day and you will see everything clearly. Other times, His light is like a flashlight, showing you the path to take in the darkness. Occasionally, it is one of those tiny little flashlights that only show you the next step. No matter how much light Jesus uses to illumine your path, it is still Him leading. He does not change in the darkness. Does your trust?

By your words I can see where I’m going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path.
Psalm 119:105


No comments: