Monday, March 14, 2011

What Are You Doing With Your Junk?

     Saturday, Dwayne and I enjoyed the beautiful weather by going for a long walk. It felt good to do our exercise outdoors and it made me eager for Spring. It was nice and warm, the green was beginning to pop up everywhere, and I was enjoying my time with my husband. As we are walking, I started noticing the trash along the highway and in the ditches. Some trash was there by normal everyday life; like blown tires, broken head lights, and broken glass. Collisions tend to leave behind garbage! However, most of the trash was from people who throw their trash out for others to deal with. There was pop cans, cigarette packages, fast food sacks, and the worst of all; a toilet! Why do people feel the need to throw their trash all over others environment?
     People also do the same thing both emotionally and spiritually. There are times that trials and life collide and people unintentionally leave their trash along your path. It is easy to have grace and compassion for people who endure wrecks in their life. However, there are people that have no regard for others and they dump their trash everywhere they go. If you are not careful they can get you right in the middle of their junk.
     What are you doing with your junk? Jesus has a dump and He wants you to bring your trash to Him. Though others get hurt along with us sometimes, we should not go around purposefully dumping on people. Let Him take you junk and spread His love and blessing spread out on others.

Mean people spread mean gossip; their words smart and burn.  Troublemakers start fights; gossips break up friendships.
 Proverbs 16 26-27

2 comments:

Steph said...

I think I just store up my junk. Sad but probably true.

Mrs. T. said...

When you say things that are not true, just to hurt someone you have broken one of God's commandments. Thou shall not kill. Your killing their spirit and all they have in them. Kindness can work wonders. I ask the Lord every morning to give me the words to help someone, who may not be having a very nice day. On days when I'm feeling lousy I always notice someone will say something to me, even if it's just hello and it makes me feel good. I would rather have someone feel good than kill their spirit.