Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How Bad Do You Want It!

     It never ceases to amaze me that we want spiritual maturity but we fight with everything within us to not have to walk through the trials it takes to mature us! It is the valleys of life that makes us grow. We do not tend to grow on the mountain tops.

     I am overwhelmed with deep concern for many people I love. I have many friends and family that are going through major hurts in their lives. I would love to step in and save them from their situations but I do not have the power. I am sure our Abba Father would love to step in and keep up from trials. However, as our All Knowing God he can see tomorrow; He knows what those trials will produce. He loves us enough to let us walk through it.
     We need to change our view of trials. Easily said than done! We need to accept our struggles as opportunities to grow up . . . Up to God!
     As I had all these feelings stirring in me today, I heard a new song on the radio. It speaks about this issue. It ask many questions but three that speak to my soul are: What if the blessing comes through raindrops? What if the healing comes from tears? What if the trials of this life are mercy’s in disguise.

Your homework today is to go to this website and listen to the song ‘Blessings’ It is not released yet so this is the only place you can find it until April 12th.



2 comments:

Steph said...

As much as we hate going through the trials I will agree that I learn more and grow more from the trials in my life. With each trial there is always learning. Sometimes it might be the same lesson. I can't listen to the song but I have a feeling it might make me cry anyway.

Mrs. T. said...

I can't listen to it either, will have to wait till it comes out. Saw her video of her life and it's full of love, faith and an inspiration. I have a plaque on my wall that says faith, hope, love the greatest of these is love. The greatest part of anything is to be able to love.