Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another Monday!

     Today is Monday! That statement conjures up many thoughts and those thoughts often come out as negative comments. If you are a Facebook user, you will see several comments posted today about Monday. We live for weekends and Monday makes us feel it is a long ways off! It seems we wish Monday’s away. I think this is sad! I know it means 5 days until we have the ability to sleep in, enjoy the outside, and stay up late. However, we need to stop and realize that if we wish all of our Mondays away, we are wishing away a seventh of our life. That calculates into 10 years of Mondays if we live to be seventy!
    Have you ever given a gift to someone and the recipient says a few nice things about the gift but they say one mega negative comment! How do you feel? This happened to me recently. After working many hours on a very sentimental gift the recipient got mad at me for giving a sentimental gift in front of others because they broke down in tears. After a few weeks, I did get a thank you for the gift but it didn’t take away the disappointment of the first response.
     Have you ever wondered how God feels about our Monday comments? First, He gives us life and we wish a part of it away. Then He gives us a purpose and plan everyday and we are so busy griping and complaining we often do not stop to discover what our assignment is for the day! Lastly, He has a large percentage of His children begging Him for extra days of life for themselves or loved ones which are critical or dying. Then He has another large percentage of children not appreciating the days they are given and wishing them away! If He wasn’t far above our comprehension, we would drive Him crazy!
     What words are going to come out of your mouth today about Mondays? You can see it as a day to endure to get you to the weekend, or you can see it for a new beginning! A time to work to appreciate the days off more! A day to live out what we learned at church on Sunday! It is all in our perspective. Let’s strive to appreciate every day of life God gives us and live each to the fullest and in a way that pleases God!

Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times! Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants.
Ephesians 5: 16-17

2 comments:

New Creation said...

Being a teacher, I've heard teachers and students alike regularly bemoan Mondays (myself included). I never really thought about it in terms of a very ill person wishing for more days. My own mom was near death right after I had returned to Texas where she was after I had lived 12 long years away in another state. How I pleaded with God at that time for more days with her. Graciously, He blessed me with more. Thanks for the thought-provoking idea.

Steph said...

I can hear Roy in my head saying, "it's just another Monday!" HA! Sometimes I do wish the Mondays away...but I think that is because they are so hectic and everyone is trying to get back into their routine. I will start trying not to complain about Mondays! They are a gift just like every other day of the week and if we wake up breathing we should be thankful for that day. :-)