Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Does Your Life Need Order

     The reason I had to work in my flower beds last weekend was due to the fact that nothing was in order. Over the last few years all of my perennials grew. Some were crowded. Some had grown out of control. Some were in the shade and needed sun and some were in the sun and needed shade. There were a few ugly bushes I had held on to for too long but wanted to wait to eliminate them until the other plants grew more. So, roots of the bushes were so deep that we had to put a chain on each of them and use the truck to pull them out of the ground. The peonies got moved to more sunlight, the hydrangea got moved to more shade, and the out of control knock out rose bush got cut way down to keep in better control.
     While I was moving the plants, I realized that life is like the flower bed. At times the order of it needs to be reevaluated. Some things need to be cut back because they have become totally out of control. Some things need more attention, some things need less, and some things just need to be pulled out by the roots.
     How is your garden of life? How long has it been since you stepped back and evaluated your life? Is there things you need to eliminate? Are there things that need more attention? Are there things that are out of control and need to be cut back on? An out of control life cannot enjoy the blessings of God to the fullest. If you need help figuring out how to rearrange your life; just ask God to show you. Let his Word be your blueprint.

By your words I can see where I’m going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path. I’ve committed myself and I’ll never turn back from living by your righteous order. Everything’s falling apart on me, God; put me together again with your Word.
Psalm 119:105-107

No comments: