Thursday, April 14, 2011

What Drives You Crazy?

     Last week, I talked about how God speaks to me through a sign over the highway on the way to work each morning. Also, He has been giving me a message through a song. Every morning, I hear the new song “This is the Stuff”. At first I loved it because I felt it was written for me. The first few lines are, “I’ve lost my keys in the great unknown, please call me cause I have lost my phone, this is the stuff that drives me crazy!” Those are words I say everyday! It is my life. I started leaving my keys in my office door so I can find them when it is time for me to leave. I still hunt for them because I forget that I am leaving them in my door! I can’t count the times God has had to help me find my things. It is the part of my life that does drive me CRAZY!!!

     However, it is the words that come next in the song that God is using to change my attitude about the things that drive me crazy. The phrase is, “In my littleness I forget how big I am blessed!” Too many times I focus on my littleness; my blunders, my mistakes, my stress, my problems, etc. Too many times I don’t focus on how much I am blessed and how big God is. Why do I let myself go crazy over car keys instead of realizing how minor these things are in the big purpose of life?
     What drives you crazy? Are you focusing on your littleness or are you focusing on how big your blessed and how big God is? If anything drives us crazy let it be the Greatness of God!

I will praise you every day; yes, I will praise you forever. Great is the Lord! He most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness.

No comments: