Friday, April 15, 2011

Enjoy the Sunrise!

     Every morning I sleep as late as possible. The light coming through my West windows wakes me from my deep sleep and I stagger out of bed. I get dressed, put my make-up on, gather my things, kiss my husband goodbye and try to make it to my car by 7:00 so I can hear the chapters for the day from the book that is currently being read from the Audio Book channel on my satellite radio. I start my 45 minute drive by heading west. This morning I had a ‘light bulb’ moment. As I was pulling onto the highway, I looked to my left to see if there was any traffic approaching. When I did, I saw a beautiful and amazingly pink and purple sunrise! Then it hit me. I never look to the East in the mornings. There are no East facing windows in the rooms I get ready in. I do not drive Eastward in the mornings. As a result, I miss the beauty and grandeur of morning sunrises.

     Some people make an effort to get up early, drink a cup of coffee, and enjoy the sunrise. I have never been one who is willing to give up my sleep for the enjoyment of nature. However, when I had a glimpse of the sky this morning, I regretted that decision. Though I reap the benefit of sunlight each day; I am missing the awe, the enjoyment, and the wonder of the appearance of that light.
     It made me think of the relationship between Jesus and his children. Many people walk in the light of Christ each day. They are aware of the light of this world. However, they do not want to sacrifice to experience His awe, His joy, and His wonder! They are missing the beauty of their Christian walk because though they know He is present in their life, they do not look His way. Their focus is the opposite direction and they do not take time to gaze in amazement at His beauty.
   Are you enjoying the spiritual sunrise of our Lord?

Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God.
Romans 15:18

No comments: