Monday, April 11, 2011

Let the Light Shine!

     I got to catch up with some of my CSI shows this weekend. One thing I think is interesting is how they always use little lights to scope out a crime scene. It doesn’t matter if it in the daylight, inside, or at night; the little light reveals the smallest clues like fingerprints, buttons, hair, or threads. Today, I got to use a little CSI light. I was crawled on the floor with my little CSI light to look for some sunglasses that a friend dropped in a hole in the floor of the sound booth at church. Playing with the light fascinated me. I not only found the sunglasses but I saw all the dirt on the floor, on my keyboard, and on the counters. This little light revealed things that my eyes would not usually focus on.

     Jesus is the light of the world. I have always considered that light to be as a flood light; illuminating everything in it presence. However, in my personal life, Jesus works like a little CSI light. He focuses on the things in my life that I usually do not see. His light of perfection reveals the dirt in my life no matter how tiny it is. When I get proud of my clean life there comes the little light showing me that I am so far from righteous. His light keeps me dependent on Him because it is and never will be about me and my righteousness it is all about Him and His righteousness.
     To surrender to Jesus, is letting Him shine His light on you and letting every little speck be revealed. Do you want the light on Christ on your life?

Keep your life well-lighted as your best-lighted room.
Luke 11:36

No comments: