Thursday, April 7, 2011

Focus!

     Each morning this week as I drive to work, I pass one of those new electron signs that cross over the road; the ones that run the Amber alert and traffic issues. I rarely pay too much attention to them but this week it has had an interesting message. It says, “Set aside distractions!” I know they are talking about driving and cell phones but it felt like a sign from God. Every morning it feels that God is blinking the sign at me telling me to set aside all things that are distracting my focus off of him. I wish I had my private electronic sign that God could send messages to me like this all the time. Not sure I would always like them but they are thinks I need to hear.

     Do you need to set aside distractions? What is distracting you? Is it work, family, relationships, finances, stress, busyness, a never ending to do list, hobbies, church work, or an unsettled mind. Whatever it is let me challenge you as God has challenged me, set aside your distractions and focus on Him!

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, who is the Leader and the Source of our faith and is also its Finisher. He, for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2 (Amplified)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, the times they are a changin'. I used to wish for "Charlie Tuna signs" from God (this dates me, I know). I never really thought about having an electronic sign on the highway from God, but yes-- I'll have one of those, please.