Monday, October 4, 2010

Time to Refocus

     I am very excited that Fall is peaking its head around the corner. I love fall for many reasons. My husband is always happy to say goodbye to the heat of summer and his mood changes drastically! I get excited to wear sweaters and stop freezing in the air conditioning. My favorite thing is I get to start wearing boots and tights, which means I don’t have to shave my legs all the time! Most importantly, Fall is a time to slow down from the hecticness of the busy summer. After the long heat of summer, it is a season time to refresh, refocus, and revive.
     As you are enjoying this change in season, remember to take time to evaluate our walk with God. Do we need to slow down from the many activities that has kept you from time alone with Him? Do we need to refocus back on Him and get some order to your spiritual life? Spend some time with with God ; take a deep breath and cuddle up with God and let Him help you recover from the summer!

So repent (change your mind and purpose): turn around and return to God, that your sins may be erased, that times of refreshing (of recovering from the effects of heat, of reviving with fresh air) may come from the presence of the Lord.
Acts 3:19 (Amplified)

revised

2 comments:

Sherry said...

So true.

Steph said...

Fall is a great time! It is probably my favorite time of year! You get to see God at work in nature!