Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Remember Your Salvation

     When I got married over 29 years ago, I couldn’t find a garter to wear with my dress. I simply didn’t like them. They were just ribbon sewn on elastic. So, I made my own. I hung it on my bedpost for 29 years and that bedpost has been in twelve homes. Occasionally, I would make one for a friend and recently I have been making them for my children’s friends. While I am not currently working, I have made forty garters as the first step of creating a garter business. They are all different in color, style, and embellishments. Last night, I spent some time inspecting them for flaws. I pulled out ten that had some little things wrong. The center embellishment was off a little, or I needed to flip the garter, or a pearl had fallen off, or I found a little dirty spot, or I just didn’t like it and needed to work on the design more.
     It made me very thankful that I have been marked with the blood of Jesus which takes away my sins because I have accepted Him as my Savior and Leader of my life. Now, because of that mark,  I am not going to have to go through an inspection by God.  If God picked me up and inspected my life, He would find many flaws. It is who I am, a flawed, sinful, person.  However, I am now a child of God who has been recreated by grace into a beautiful daughter of the Almighty God. Without that grace, I would be inspected for sins and would be discarded into the hands of the one I once served, Satan.
     We often live in our salvation without remembrance of what an amazing gift it is. It is like many things in our life, we love the gift when we get it but then we soon stop thinking of its specialness and its value. Let’s spend today remembering the most special gift we have ever received, grace from God through faith in Jesus Christ. May we never forget its value or forget to cherish it each and every day.

God marks us with grace and blessing! Smile!
Psalm 67:1

1 comment:

Steph said...

I have been reminded how big the gift of salvation, grace and forgiveness really is. Even though I still feel completely unworthy of all I know that He gives them to me and embraces me.