Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Be An Encourager

     Do you have people in your life that make you feel good every time you see them or talk to them?  I do and they tend to be some of my dearest relationships. I have a friend from seminary who is amazing at being an encourager. When I started holding retreats in Montana, she was the first person I had come and speak. The same is true when I started doing them in Oklahoma. I wanted to share her love, sweetness, and encouraging spirit with others. She impacts every life she touches.
     Brittne and I called her yesterday and it once again inspired me. I need to call her more to refocus my spirit. She never talks to you in an ‘Eeyore’ tone; she makes you feel like she has been waiting diligently for the event of talking to you! While you are with her or while you are talking to her, she ministers to you and her spirit overflows onto you like a refreshing shower.
     I always end our time together wanting to be more like her. The fact is I can be! We both have the same Holy Spirit living in us; I just need to surrender to it more! My prayer is that I become a better encourager with my words, my enthusiasm, and my delivery. Maybe that will be my spiritual goal for 2011!

(Speaking of Paul) Traveling through the country, passing from one gathering to another, he gave constant encouragement, lifting their spirits and charging them with fresh hope.
Acts 20:2

1 comment:

Steph said...

I have lots of people in my life who encourage me on a daily basis...maybe even more than that. I think there are people who encourage me who have no idea that they do so. I want to be a good encourager and make people feel good too.