Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Are You Ready?

     I have love/hate feelings with visits from people when I only have approximately an hour notice! I love it when they arrive but the hour before they arrive I am usually running around like crazy cleaning. All the things I have put off doing, I cram into this hour. I end up doing a day’s work in only sixty minutes. At the end, I light some candles which always make things appear homier than what they may actually be! When I am done, I am always glad I got it all done and then I say, “I wish more people would pop by so I could stay motivated in getting the house clean in an hour!”
     Sometimes we have a tendency to think this way with Christ returning. We know what we need to do but we keep putting it off. We have this warped thinking that we will have time to get it done before Jesus comes, but in reality we may not. Jesus could return before you finish reading this. We hear those words so much they tend to lose their urgency and we become numb to their warning. We stop living with the expectancy of Jesus coming today, maybe right now!
     Every day, we need to tell our self that Jesus may come today! We won’t have an hour notice to get things in order, we must be ready at all times! Are you ready?

You know as well as I that the day of the Master’s coming can’t be posted on our calendars. He won’t call ahead and make an appointment any more than a burglar would. About the time everybody’s walking around complacently, congratulating each other—“We’ve sure got it made! Now we can take it easy!” – Suddenly everything will fall apart. It’s going to come as suddenly and inescapably as birth is to a pregnant woman. But friends, you’re not in the dark, so how could you be taken off guard by any of this?
1 Thessalonians 5: 1-4

1 comment:

Steph said...

it is so true. He may decide to come back in minute. We don't know when. It will be a glorious day!