Monday, October 11, 2010

Need to Refocus?

     I encouraged you months ago to set some spiritual goals and focus for your life this year! How are you doing? In a few short months, it will be time to set new ones. The busyness of life can so easily steal our focus from what we want to do and become. It takes constant refocusing and evaluating.
     What we want to be has to be more than words. It has to have action behind the words. This weekend I was able to attend a breakfast banquet. They spoke about their commitment to health and wellness and they are even trying to raise money to build a facility. I was impressed. Then we went through the line for food and it was bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, eggs, biscuits, and gravy. The majority of people were seniors and I am sure most were on some kind of restrictive diet and this is the breakfast they were given. There was no fruit, whole grains, turkey bacon, cereal, or oatmeal. I understand that not every place is going to provide healthy options for meals. That is the world we live in. What bothers me is that they spoke of being committed to wellness but gave no healthy options. Their actions did not match their words.
    What about you? Are your actions supporting your words? Is your behavior demonstrating your goals? If people watched a video of your daily behavior and it had no sound to it, what would they say about you? Is it time to refocus on your spiritual goals and God? Don’t let busyness rob you of what you really want to be and how you want to live for God!

Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more of self than God. That person ignores who God is and what He is doing. And God isn’t pleased at being ignored.
Romans 8:7-8

1 comment:

Steph said...

This is a tough one. I guess people would see me banging my head on my desk and shaking my fist. :-) I am trying to make my focus on God...