Friday, July 9, 2010

Want Blessing?

     One thing in this life is certain; the hand on the clock continues to turn. Time does pass! I have been pondering that a lot lately because Brittne comes home from Peru in less than four weeks. It is amazing! With the exception of a few holidays, time has really flown by. I am looking forward to having her close for a while but I am also excited for something else as well. I am going to Peru in one week. This time I am not going to just to visit Brittne but to go into a village and work alongside her. Last week my team had to make a decision. If we wanted to go to the village where we could do the most work and make the biggest impact, it is was going to take the sacrifice of enduring a 20 hour bus ride to reach that village. That calculates to 40 hours of a 175 hour trip. The team agreed to sacrifice the time and go where we could do the most work for God. Today, as I was looking through some of Brittne’s pictures, I realized that we are going to the village of the 100+ year old woman whom I shared with you previously. She is the one that Brittne bathed and washed her blankets. I am so honored that I am going to get the opportunity to minister to her. Her story has stirred my heart in a powerful way, and now I get to meet her. If we had not had decided to take the sacrificial path, I would not have this opportunity. I am very thankful for our decision. The other blessing I am going to experience is being able to be with my daughter on her last trip to a village. I know it will be hard for her and I will be able to be there and encourage her. Maybe walking in her shoes for one week will help me to encourage her through her transition back to life in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma. This week of our lives will definitely be one of our ‘Kodak moments’ that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!
     When we make ourselves available to God and we are willing to sacrifice whatever He calls us to do, we are blessed beyond our imagination. Many people go on mission trips with the mindset of making an impact on others for God. In reality, that is the icing on the cake. The real blessing comes from what impact others make on you for God. I already know that I will not return the same person as I am now. I can’t wait to see how God is going to work in me! I also realize, that my daughter is not returning home as the same person she was two years ago.
     Are you available to what God calls you to do? Are you willing to sacrifice some pleasure to be used by God? Are you willing to let God change you?

“If any of you wants to serve me, then follow me. Then you’ll be where I am, ready to serve at a moment’s notice. The Father will honor and reward anyone who serves me.”
John 12:26

1 comment:

Steph said...

I can't wait to hear about your time in Peru. I know it will be so wonderful and you all will be blessed and we will be blessed to hear your stories. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!