Saturday, August 28, 2010

Are You Excited?

     Brittne is in Haiti! I can’t say that I am ready for her to be in another country again but at least it is just for two weeks this time. She went to serve alongside her boyfriend who is a missionary in Port-Au-Prince, and to spend time with him. They have grown their relationship away from each other. They were friends in Peru for many months and then a week before Parker left to transfer to Haiti, they declared their feelings for each other. For almost five months now, they have matured their relationship through letters, communication through the internet, and occasional phone calls. Their anticipation of seeing each other face to face made them delirious with joy and excitement. I wish I could have seen their faces when they saw each other.
     Watching Brittne’s anticipation of being with Parker convicted me! I entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ almost forty years ago. I have grown my relationship with him by reading his love letters to me and by our communication through the Holy Spirit.
     One day, unknown to me, I will see my Savior face to face! I say I look forward to that day, but do my actions show it? When have I had the pure joy and excitement to see Him like Brittne had to see Parker? Most of my life I have said things like, “I want Christ to return but I want to have children first! I want Christ to return but I want to see my children get married first! I want Christ to return but I want to have grandchildren first!” For the first time in my life, I can say that I want Christ to return! PERIOD! May it be today!! However, I still need to live each day anticipating Him coming on the clouds for me each moment of each day! When I lose sight of His return, I have my focus on things I don’t need them to be on! I don’t want Him to catch me off guard; I want to be ready for Him whenever the trumpets blow!

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 
1Thessalonians 4:16-17

2 comments:

Mrs. T said...

What a beautiful sight that will be, when he comes for us We get sad when we lose a loved one or friend and this passage has helped me through many of those sad days. I know the only one who will ever keep his word and a word we can trust in, is the Lord's.

Steph said...

It will be glorious. I have found myself saying those things just like you Tonya....but instead I should remember that He has a plan and knows best!