Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What Are Your Plans for Tomorrow!

   Today was a really hard day! Once again I was reminded that we are not guaranteed we will have life beyond this breath! Before I went to bed last night, I checked my email and then read a message that a classmate of mine had died. I do not know the reason except she died in a nursing home. This morning I checked my email again, (something I never do) and read about another classmate that died last night. This classmate was a good friend in high school. We were Pom Pom girls together. I enjoyed seeing her at my class reunion last fall and we promised to get together soon. I looked on her Facebook page to see if I could see what happened to her and I read her last status. A few weeks ago she had said her mama heart was heavy for her youngest son. I was very busy that week with many situations that raised its head in my world and I didn’t see her post. If I had, maybe I would have responded to her and given her some encouragement. I do not know why she died but I sit here today evaluating my life. Busyness kept me from following through with the promise to get together. Busyness kept me from giving her some encouragement.

     What else am I going to let busyness steal from me? As I am getting closer to the fifty mark, I am evaluating life more. I don’t have an endless supply of time left to do the things I want to do, or to love all the people I want to love. In fact, I don’t know if I will have another day.
     This is why we have to learn to grab hold of each day and never take it for granted or waste it! If we feel the spirit lead us to minister to someone, we need to do it quickly while we still have the opportunity. We need to eliminate the junk in our life and grab hold of the ministry God brings our way.

What do you know about tomorrow? How can you be so sure about your life? It is nothing more than mist that appears for only a little while before it disappears.
James 4:14

No comments: