Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day of Thankfulness

    Two years ago I drove my daughter to the airport and said goodbye as she left to serve God in Peru. When I say ‘goodbye’, I don’t mean 'see you soon'. I had to put her totally in God’s hands (where she had actually been all along) and be prepared for whatever God chose. If you see some of the buses and some of the one lane, cliff side, mountain roads, you would understand why I had to be prepared for anything. A month before Brittne got to Peru, a summer missionary was killed in a car wreck. I could not assume I would see her come home. However, today the two years are up and I am going to the same airport to bring her home! It is a blessing I do not take for granted. I am thankful and humbled. I look forward to seeing where God leads her next. I know it will not be an easy transition because it is never easy to pour your heart into something and then leave it; not to mention the culture difference. I know she would appreciate your prayers!
     Do you have anybody you need to place in God’s hands and trust His will, His plan, and His love for them? Maybe it is a child. Maybe a husband. Maybe parents or grandparents. Maybe it is yourself! I cannot promise you any end result except whatever happens in their life has been filtered through the loving fingers of God!

So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him. God is a safe place to be.
Psalms 62:8

No comments: