Thursday, August 5, 2010

Do You Remember?

     I wasn't able to give you the details to my 'getting my house ready for Brittne' because it consisted of totally redoing her bedroom which was a surprise for her. She had a french theme, girlie room with dresses and heels. Somehow, after spending two years in the villages of Peru, it didn't seem to reflect her. So, I redid her room in a very South American feel. What is special about it is I was able to use all of her memorabilia from her travels in the decor. She has things from Egypt, Spain, Holland, Bolivia, Peru, Uruguay, and Mexico. I printed and framed the pictures that she took from her travels. Everywhere she looks in her room, she is reminded of special times and special memories. I am so happy she loves it and it brings her comfort during her transition stage back to America.

     It makes me wish I could have spiritual reminders around me. Memorabilia that would make me remember the commitments I have made, or the blessings I have received, or the special times God spoke to me in a powerful way. Maybe if I had these reminders around me constantly, I wouldn't forget about them. It always frustrates me how fast we forget the great things but hold on to the bad things in life. Many times it is music that serves as reminders to me. I was saved to "I Surrender All", I rededicated my life to "A Savior is Waiting", Dwayne's call to the ministry was confirmed to me with "God Just Needs A Few Good Men", and "All in All" represents our life in Montana. However, I don't hear these songs very often and so I forget and my focus camps out with my present situations. Maybe I should make me a CD of all the songs that represent my spiritual journey and play them continually. God tells us over and over in scripture to remember and not to forget the work He has done in our lives. Maybe He had to tell us multiple times because He knew we would forget.
     How often do you remember the milestones in your spiritual life and the work God has done in you? What memorabilia or reminders could you build in your life to help you not forget? Remember His miracles, His wonders, and His perfect and just decisions.

Remember all the wonders he performed, the miracles and judgments that came out of his mouth. 
1 Chronicles 16:12

No comments: