Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What Are You Doing With Today!

Good News! Today is a new day! What are you going to do with it?

     Yesterday was an emotionally hard day for me. It was one that left me numb at the end of the day. Thank God not all days are like that. Some are hard, some are happy, some are challenging, some are uneventful, some are exciting, and some are boring. We can never be for sure how they will turn out! Some days we feel we get tons done and some days we feel like we got nothing done. In the long run, I have learned it really doesn’t matter. If I look back over my years (which are adding up fast), the work I have done whether in my jobs, or the church, or my home, has passed and is forgotten. In some cases, it has been redone. All the effort, stress, time, worry, and accomplishments were in the end . . . all for nothing. The only thing that has lasted over time is the impact and the difference I have made with people.
     We can bury our heads in the events and work of the day and when we lay our head on our pillow that night, ask ourselves if we made a difference with the day God gave us. If we seek to minister and encourage someone, we will know we made a difference with the day God gave us.
     Can you remember all the things you did a month ago? Can you remember how you touched someone last month? Be a good steward of this day, find someone that is hurting and make a difference in their life. Love them for Jesus!

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’"
Matthew 25:37-40

2 comments:

Steph said...

Really liked this post! It is always good to be an encourager and try to show God's love by just being there for someone.

Sara said...

Funny that this was today's post. Steph and I have a teacher friend that is going through a hard time. Well, not really a hard time, but more just not feeling happy. Today was the first day of school and we sent her flowers. She said they delivered them in the middle of class and she had no idea we were giving them to her. I felt I got a blessing to hear about how that made her day. I think we should remember to do the little things for each other because someday we might need that in return.