Friday, August 20, 2010

Don't Cut God!

     This world is too busy!! It affects all of us and every time I think it is going to get better, reality hits and I have to face the fact that it doesn’t! I have had every night and every day filled for weeks and the end is not in sight. Everything gets out of control when schedules get full. The home seem out of order, the relationships are strained, the ‘to do’ list gets long, and stress grows to a breaking point.
     This craziness has become the way of life for the vast majority of people. The older I get the more I want it to stop! The good news is the older I get, the more it is slowing down at times. Not enough times, but a few more breaks. For many years I have believed that Satan's tactic on Christians is to get them too busy! Too busy to serve, too busy to minister, and too busy to spend time with God. It takes time to get to know God through prayer, and study, and fellowship.
     The worse thing about busyness is that many Christians cut God out of their schedule first. Have you ever been so busy all day Saturday that you skipped church to have some time to rest? Why didn’t you cut the things on Saturday so you could protect your time to worship? May we all get to the point that when the busyness and craziness of life hits us, we cut anything and everything but God!

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10

No comments: