Thursday, August 26, 2010

Holding on Tight!

    Tonight at Fusion, we had our back to school concert for the local colleges. The highlight for the students was the drawing for six lap top computers. The highlight for me was hearing the ‘Historic Baptist Gospel Singers’. It always moves me to hear a gospel choir. I love the spontaneousness of their singing and worship. They sang a song that really echoed in my heart. The words were, “Sometimes we feel like giving up . . . that is when God holds on tight to me so I don’t let go!”

      It made me think about the time Dwayne and I took our small children to the State Fair! It was a place where they could get lost really easy and very quickly. I don’t even know how you would find them if they got lost. It was a place that I held on tight to them. My grip never loosened. Bryce had an elbow that if pulled just right would easily become dislocated. If he jerked away when I had a good hold of him, he would pull his arm out of socket and would not be able to use his arm until we got him to the doctor. Though I knew that holding on tight to him would cause him pain if he tried to pull away, I still did not relax my grip when we were at the fair. Hurting him temporarily was a better choice to me than letting him get away from me and experience unimaginable danger.
     Thank God that He does not relax his hold on me. Though I might try to pull away because of anger, hurt, or being preoccupied, He doesn’t let go of me. Though His grip can bring temporary discomfort, it will keep me safe until I once again wholeheartedly walk beside him hand in hand.

For He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let (you) down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]
Hebrews 13:5

2 comments:

Sara said...

they sure got me moving and a groovin.

Steph said...

I did love their singing!!! I think we should visit their church one Sunday! I am so thankful that He holds tight to us!