Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God Answers

     Every month, Dwayne deposits his payroll check and takes out our spending cash for the month. Last March, he set my money on my dresser which is in our closet. It set there for a few days and when I went to get it, it was gone. I looked everywhere for it: in the drawers, on the shelves, and in every pocket of the clothes I had worn that week. I finally just accepted that I must have thrown it away or it would show up when I needed it more.
     Saturday, when Dwayne and I spent the day celebrating our anniversary, I decided to take a different purse. I reached up on my top shelf and grabbed the purse I wanted. As I pulled it down another purse fell off the self and hit me right on the bridge of my nose. I spent a few minutes laughing and crying and then hurried out the door.
     Brittne and I are going to take a long mother/daughter weekend trip to see my sister in New York City. I have been saving and budgeting for this trip and I keep remembering the lost money. I have been praying asking God to show me or remind me where the money is. I keep saying, “God this would be a really good time to find my money!”
     Yesterday, I was cleaning up my closet and was putting the purses that fell and hit me back on the shelf. One purse seemed to be really heavy and so I looked inside it. It was completely loaded. It had all the typical purse stuff and my billfold. I started cleaning it out and when I opened what I thought was an empty billfold, there was my money! Are you kidding me? I never remember carrying the purse the week I lost the money. I found a ticket in my purse to a show I went to in March. I must have taken that purse to the show and then forgot about it. This is why I am not one of those women who change out my purse every day!
     I am not surprised that God answered my prayer and showed me where my money was. However, I do not know if He has ever literally knocked me upside the head with it before! lol God has helped me find many missing things that would have been impossible to find without His intervention. God does care about our little every day things. My children have never hesitated to ask me to help them find things or do things. They know that as a parent, I want to help them even with the little things. God is the perfect parent. Why would our perfect Father not want to help us? He is totally capable of taking care of the world and us too!

Please listen, God, and answer my prayer!
Psalm 61:1

1 comment:

Sara said...

I find God takes everything serious. I'm glad he allowed you to find some money. He is almighty!