Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boss's Day

Today is Boss's Day. You might be like the majority of people and say, "big deal". As Christians, I think today is a great opportunity to show appreciation and respect to our authorities. I know that some of you may not think your boss is deserving of encouragement and respect. However, maybe they would be different if they felt respected and appreciated. We never know what is going on in their lives to make them the way they are. Scripture tells us we are to be thankful for all things. That includes our jobs and our bosses. God uses both to help us grow one way or another. In my career, I have had some great bosses. My favorite boss considered our positions as a ministry and our goal was to minister to the employees. That was some great times. I have also had some bosses that challenged me to walk my Christan talk. I had one boss I could not stand, to put it bluntly. Then one day I read a scripture that said to bless your enemies. So each time I felt my blood pressure go up with him, I would say, "Bless His Heart". At first I said it with my teeth locked but then I actually started feeling a change happening to me. The more I blessed him, the more I cared about him. We actually became friends before it was over. I never respected him for his behavior, but I learned to respect his position in my life and to learn to love him as a person. I learned a lot from that experience. So, whatever your feelings are towards you boss, examine your heart today and give thanks for them and your job. Ask God to bless them.


Not everyone works outside the home but we should all have one boss in common. If the Lord is in his proper position in our life then He is by all means our Boss. Remember to thank Him for His great leadership in our lives and for giving us the best job ever which is to serve Him.



Thank God in everything , no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (amplified)

No comments: