Friday, October 30, 2009

What is This World Coming To?

When I was a teenager, I loved all the world had to offer me. I saw all the good in it and couldn’t wait to experience it; college, marriage, children, jobs, home, and grandchildren. I have experienced it all except the grandchildren; that is the next thing on the list. However, the older I get the more disappointed in this world I become. I don’t know if you feel it but this world feels more evil every day. The persecution of Christians is increasing and it seems every news program confirms it. Just this week there are two stories hitting the airwaves against Christians. One is the Penn State t-shirts which sold thousands. However, 6 people from the game made a complaint to the school that the blue vertical stripe down the middle of the shirt with words going horizontal looks like a cross. They said it was offensive. We also have heard about the man in Florida that was terminated from Home Depo for wearing a ‘One nation under God” button. It appears we are all asking the question in unison, “What is this world coming too”.
I don’t think we have a good grip on the answer to that question or we wouldn’t keep asking it. This world is coming to an end! Every day we are one day closer to the return of Jesus! Every day Satan is fighting harder because he knows what is coming. Evil is growing because there are more and more people without Jesus in their life. Our dysfunctional society is starting to reap its consequences. We catch ourselves believing that this world should be wonderful because of Jesus' power over Satan. However, Satan has been given the right to rule this world until the day of judgment where he is thrown into the lake of fire. Until then, Satan will continue to "prowl around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." Though our lives can possess peace and happiness, this world is not going to experience that until the return of Jesus. I am so ready for that day! Are you?

We know that we are of God, and the whole world lie in the power of the evil one.
1 John 5:19

3 comments:

Steph said...

It will be a glorious day when HE does return!!! Sometimes it is hard to find one shred of happiness because things seem so dark and bad. I was just singing the song in my head "Because he lives, I can face tomorrow..."

kathleen said...

This is indeed a corrupt land in which we live, but that is not news to our God..."He has the whole world in His hands"...still, we are human and fear and doubt and anxiety love to creep up on us....do we let them steal our faith or our peace or our mission???? Many days are tough, but let us all encourage one another to hold on to our ever present Help, our Rock, our Lord, our Saviour, and our faithful Friend in those times of trouble when we are in need of courage or wisdom....He is always there and all we need to do is cry out to him, to get on our knees and acknowledge Him as our strength and not lose hope...

Sherry said...

ok...so my comment is not towards the spiritual...but I think it reflects our spirtual state.

This morning I went to the Grocery store to get cupcakes for my daughters birthday celebration at school....they had samples out at the bakery of donuts....but todays donut was a whole new level....It was something like an apple fritter with maple icing..... topped with BACON....are you kidding me....Bacon...on top of a donut. Even with my well ingrained love of food it sounded and looked disgusting.

Sin is the same way...we start with a little...then add some more...then a little more...pretty soon we have put "bacon" on top of it and are calling it good.....

May we always have a feeling of a turning stomach when we encounter sin.