Monday, October 12, 2009

Time is Ticking

Last weekend, I attended my 30 year high school class reunion. Wow! 30 years! Thirty years ago I was wondering what my life would be like. Would I really marry Dwayne? Would I have children? How many would I have? Where would I live? What would my life be like? It seemed life was creeping along. However, looking back has a whole different perspective. Where did the time go? I had children yesterday and today they are all grown. It was just yesterday that I said “I do” to Dwayne and somehow we just celebrated our 28th anniversary. I have called 15 different places home; I have lived in 8 cities, 3 states, and have been members of 9 churches. How amazing! And it all happened in a blink of an eye!
Another part of life that can pass like a blink is our spiritual walk. How long have we been dealing with the same sins and yet they are still a stronghold. How many times have we committed to spend more time with the Lord and never do? How many times have we made promises to God and time keeps ticking away without any actions of follow through? We need to get a real perspective of the ticking clock. We must take the gift of time and use it each and every day to be about the Father’s work. If we don’t, 30 years will go by and nothing will change which will only leave us with regrets. I don’t want regrets at the end of my life, do you?

Figure out what will please God and do it. Don’t waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuit of darkness.
Expose these things for the sham they are.
Ephesians 5:10-11

2 comments:

Sherry said...

so true. and I think "useless work" & "busywork" = housework. :)

Steph said...

I think we often spend our time doing "busywork" and we just procrastinate. Every breath, every minute, every second we have is from God, so why waste it on "busywork".