Thursday, September 30, 2010

Is Jesus Undercover to You?

     I am excited to see the show ‘Undercover Boss’ return this season. It is amazing what happens when people do not know that the CEO of their business is present. They act and speak in ways they never would if they knew who was standing in front of them. They usually become shocked when they find out that their boss has been undercover in their presence.  Some are rewarded for their positive attitude, hard work, and encouraging words.  Others are disciplined for their negative attitude, lazy work, or critical words.
     It makes me wonder how different we would act if we could see Jesus with us every day. When we do not physically see Him, we often forget that He is hearing every word we speak and seeing everything we do. Imagine sitting down with Jesus as he played a video of your behavior and words yesterday; how would you feel?
     Jesus isn’t actually undercover with us. He tells us that He is with us. We are the ones that forget He is present and behave as if He isn't.  We are the ones that make Him undercover!
     Designate something, maybe a piece of jewelry you wear, to remember that Jesus is constantly with you. I wear a wedding ring to symbolize my marriage covenant to the world.  I think I am going to look for a cross ring to wear to remind me of my covenant with my Savior.  If you need a reminder at work, maybe you could put out a cross or any item you give that purpose to.

I'm an open book to you; even from a distance you know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight.
Psalms 139:2-3

No comments: